Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Acquisitions

I picked up a few things over the last couple weeks. First up, I got the winning bid on a cool illustration by cartoonist Chris Houghton at the Kids Read Comics auction at Green Brain Comics last week.



This is a book I'd been looking forward to for a long time. The Abominable Charles Christopher is a serialized web comic and has been collected in a gorgeous first volume with a fuzzy suede-like cover.




I mostly purchased the next book because I like to say TIGERBUTTAH. Try it. It's fun. It's filled with lovely gouache paintings. Plus it was printed by the same folks who make the Golden Books from my youth, hence the nifty metallic spine.





Lastly, the latest hardcover version of my sketchbook.


2 comments:

  1. Wow- I'm honored! Thanks for pickin' up my drawing at the KRC show. Hope you like it!

    I don't think I have ever seen your work before- it's gorgeous! I love your colors. Great stuff James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! It's great! And thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete