Friday, September 21, 2007

Family Ties

A few years back my interest in genealogy was rekindled when I discovered that I could do much of the research online. I started scanning in old photos and decided I wanted to put together a kind of booklet to give to family members. Several pages have been finished, but my interest has kind of waned since my father died back in January. Most of my impetus for doing it was to show him something new each time I saw him. It wasn't even finishing it that was important, but the process and the time I spent with him. It doesn't even bother me that he didn't get to see it finished.

I included a couple pages in my gallery on the JimCanDraw website, but here they are, along with a few more, at higher resolution. The collage look to them owes a lot to the work of Nick Bantock.

No comments:

Post a Comment