Friday, February 16, 2007

Dr. Sketchy


Once a month or so a group of Detroit area artists congregate in a small bar in the hamlet of Hamtramck for a night of drinkin' and drawin'. Dr. Sketchy was started by Molly Crabapple in New York City as an alternative to college figure drawing classes. The models are culled from the local burlesque scene to add a little spice to our sketchbooks. Our local Hamtramck chapter was started last August by cartoonist Sean Bieri. Here's a few sketches from our most recent get together featuring Queen Bee. I'm not too happy with them as my magic pen wasn't working right or something. Perhaps I'll post some others later on.


And, imagine my surprise when I was flipping through a copy of Dr. Sketchy's Rainy Day Colouring Book (that I won for another rendition of Queen Bee that doesn't appear here) that I discovered one of my sketches from our first Sketchy session was included really small!


No comments:

Post a Comment