Thursday, March 5, 2009

Makin' the cut



I'm trying to come up with some original Ellie On Planet X for my upcoming book of art that I mentioned below. Here are a few I did that I'm not really sure about. Something I've been painfully aware of is that I have a portfolio full of characters for this story, but none of them seem to be doing anything. They just kind of stand around and pose. So I really need to drop them into an environment where they interact with one another or there's a story going on. The illustration below tries to do that but I'm not sure if the joke is clear. Regardless, I don't think either of these will make the cut. Gotta come up with something though. I'd like to have these printed before SPACE! (Small Press and Alternative Arts Expo in Columbus, OH) in April!


No comments:

Post a Comment