Tuesday, February 6, 2007

S'all Relative


Baby Blue M/M
2002
PVC on Wood
30" x 30"


My cousin, Steve Schmidt, is an LA area artist. Much of his artwork utilizes discarded plastic which he then arranges in grid-like monochromatic patterns. A kind of study of color and texture. He's also used cigarette papers that have been carefully peeled from their crushed out butts, and then attached to board in a similar fashion as the plastic. I especially like Baby Blue M/M. I imagine this is a lot of people's favorite because of the soothing variations of the aqua colored plastic. I like it because it reminds me of the bottom of a swimming pool like the one I practiced for swim meets in for high school. I can smell the chlorine. Mmmmm...

I proclaim him today's Artist of the Day!

Past Life
2006
Graphite on Paper
45 x 48 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment